Trekking out to the west coast for SIIM 2016 next week? While your plans may include exploring Portland’s finest Japanese gardens and gourmet donuts, there is also plenty to learn about imaging informatics at the annual conference. With this year’s theme centered on leading change, we expect some truly interesting presentations from an array of industry experts.
Merge will be at SIIM, exhibiting at Booth #208. We are excited to showcase our vision of how Watson Health Imaging may one day be used to “expand the physician’s view” so they have greater confidence in their diagnostic and treatment decisions. We will also focus on enterprise imaging challenges and how to identify ways to manage growing volume and varieties of patient data – DICOM or non-DICOM.
With a full schedule of education sessions and networking jam-packed into three days, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Here are a few tips to help you make the most out of your SIIM experience:
- Leverage Innovation to Drive Patient Centered Care
Kick off Day 1 with a morning session that explores how to challenge what we know as the norm for image-centric culture in radiology. Attendees will gain a better understanding of how to reinvent value for imaging across the healthcare ecosystem – a perfect way to start off SIIM.
- Get Your Steps in at the SIIM 2016 Fun Run/Walk
What better way to take in the sights around Portland’s Waterfront Park than some exercise before Day 2 of the conference? Attendees can run, walk, or cheer on their colleagues along the Willamette River. Check out the details on the SIIM website to explore the different ways you can participate.
- Understand the Value of a VNA in Enterprise Image Management
Vendor Neutral Archives (VNAs) are becoming an integral part of medical image management. However, formats and interfaces have not been strictly defined. It’s important to know what to consider when determining how to integrate VNAs into your enterprise imaging ecosystem. Attend this panel discussion on Thursday to hear industry perspectives, including best practices from Merge’s VP of Interoperability Solutions Management, John Hansen. Topics will include content lifecycle management, data migrations, and image storage and sharing.
- Discover the Power of Cognitive Insight and Enterprise Image Management at Booth #208
Don’t forget to stop by the Merge booth to:
- See our vision of how Watson Health Imaging’s cognitive insights may one day be used to retrospectively evaluate clinical and image data to help identify aortic stenosis patients who may have been missed as candidates for heart valve replacements.
- Discuss enterprise imaging challenges and identify ways Merge can help manage your growing volume and varieties of patient data.
- Learn how to benefit from automatically assigning studies, controlling radiologists’ applications, and aggregating analytics across the enterprise.
- Peer Into the Future of Artificial Intelligence
Don’t miss the closing general session on Friday: Peering Into the Future Through the Looking Glass of Artificial Intelligence. This session, featuring an expert from the IBM Almaden Research Center, will define what is meant by “artificial intelligence” and discuss how AI has evolved in medical applications over the past 40 years. With this year’s theme focused on leading change, there couldn’t be a more fitting concluding session on the transformation of healthcare.
Merge is looking forward to SIIM 2016 and we hope you are too. If you’d like to schedule a meeting in advance, you can request one here.